Learn online courses from home and let opportunities knock your door.
How can I get an appointment for an H1B visa?

How can I get an appointment for an H1B visa?

What is an H1B visa?

An H1B visa is a permit issued by the U.S. government to a foreign worker who comes to the United States to work for a U.S. company. The foreign worker must work in a field that requires professional skills and must be a person who meets the requirements of the job and whom the employer cannot find among American workers.

In addition to skilled workers, the H1B visa also applies to model personnel and DoD personnel working on research and development projects. The U.S. First Lady Melania Trump is just one example of a model who entered the U.S. on an H1B visa and later became a U.S. citizen.


The validity of H1B visa is of three years and its extension can be taken for up to six years. There are also some exceptions that allow the visa to be extended for several years, depending on the type of work performed. If the employer who issued your visa resigns or terminates your employment, you will need to find a new employer and submit new documents, apply for a change of status, or be deported and repatriated. You have 60 days to find a new employer or apply for permanent residence.

Parents of H1B visa holders

The H1B visa allows family members to join the H1B visa holder while in the United States. To do so, dependents (spouse and unmarried children under 21) must complete an H4 visa application, which can be filed at the same time as the H1B visa application or after departure from the United States.

H4 visa holders will have the option to attend school. They can also open a bank account, get a driver's license and a national insurance number. H4 visa holders can also legally work in the U.S. if they apply for employment authorization while the H4 visa is valid. However, when the H1B visa expires, dependents will have to return to their home country with the H1B visa holder.

Ways to obtain an H1B visa

Here are some of the ways you can easily obtain an H1B visa.

Find a job

First, look for companies that have sponsored H1B visas in recent years. You need to search for the jobs through H1B visa sponsorship database. You can also apply in the companies that sponsor H1B visas.. Then edit the text slightly to get a list of companies that have sponsored H1B visas in the past.

If you want to travel to a particular location in the United States, you can simply try searching for the "California H1B visa sponsor database" or any other combination of words related to the state/city you want to visit. You can also find out the types of jobs, salary information, and applications that have been approved by USCIS.

Applying for a job

It is best to contact companies that have sponsored your H1B visa application several times in the past. However, if you can't find a company in your field, visit techfetch.com and other U.S. job boards such as CareerBuilder, Monster, and Dice. You may get lucky in your job search on these sites.

And if there's one thing I recommend, it's to apply to as many jobs as possible. When you receive a job offer, you need to let the company know that you want to be listed on the H1B visa sponsorship application in 2021. This way, the company knows to act quickly to be ready for April.

Find a professional consulting firm

Another option is to find a job in a specialized consulting firm. Note: this route is very challenging, so be careful when planning. Unfortunately, a number of new consulting firms have popped up claiming to be able to sponsor H1B visas for a fee. This is a major problem. Paying for an H1B visa is considered a criminal offense in the US. If you try to pay for an H1B visa, this year's new rules and laws may backfire for you. You also never know if what they say is true or not, so be very careful.

Find a global consulting firm

Make a list of the world's leading consulting firms, such as TCS and WIPRO. Then go to each company's website and see what jobs they currently have posted. And then .... Log in.

Get a job at an American university

This option is best for those who already have an H4 or F1 visa (assuming, of course, that you are working at an academic or research institution). The main advantage of this option is that you can sponsor as many H1B visas as you need, as most universities are not bound by the annual H1B cap.

Social Share

Trending Posts